NOTE: The Worship Summit material duplicates much of the first half of the Worship Leader Boot Camp material. If you are a musician/worship leader, we recommend the Worship Leader Boot Camp instead of this class. This class is better for non-musicians.
Churches throughout the world are struggling with what style of worship is appropriate for their setting. Many churches find themselves dying, stuck to old forms of worship that once were very meaningful, yet now don’t seem to engage the people in meaningful worship nor speak a language that the unchurched can understand. In the 50’s and 60’s, worship was pretty similar among Southern Baptist churches and most sang from a common source—the Baptist Hymnal. Today, things have changed drastically and church leaders are struggling to determine what their church’s corporate worship should look like. There are many factors to consider in this quest.
The Worship Summit will help leaders dive into some very important issues impacting corporate worship:
- What is the biblical basis of worship?
- What does it mean to worship God with all our being?
- What role should personal preferences play in worship?
- How should culture impact corporate worship?
- How should a missionary mindset impact corporate worship?
- How is worship and discipleship intertwined?
- Is unified worship the best way to go?
- What style of worship is appropriate for my church?
Time Commitment: This course includes 15 videos with 2.5 hours of instruction. One should expect to spend a minimum of 3.5 hours with this class.